- Typically the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. See the posted meeting schedule.
- Meetings may be attended in person or via Zoom until further notice
Link to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81987961210
Please email the Planning office or call them at 781-961-0936 with any questions regarding video connections, hearings and meeting schedules.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Michelle Tyler, Director
- Jen Austrino, Clerk
- Araba Adjei-Koranteng
- Alexandra Alexopoulos
- Louseged Sahlu
- Peter Taveira
- I want to install signs for my business. Do I need a permit?
All signs (new, repaired or refaced) require a permit subject to the criteria specified in the zoning bylaws.
Application may be made online and must include color renderings for review and approval prior to installation.
- Who plows, fixes potholes or makes repairs on a road?
If a road is a town-owned (public) road, the Department of Public Works (DPW) maintains and repairs the road as necessary.
If a road is a private road, the developer, residents or homeowner's association is responsible for maintenance and repairs.
- What is the difference between a public road and a private road?
A public road (or town road) is a road that has been accepted by the Town (Town Meeting or Town Council) after going through the acceptance process established by state statute. The Town maintains public roads. A private road, not accepted by Town Meeting or Town Council, is owned either by the original developer, the residents on the road or a homeowner's association.
- Is my property in a flood zone?
Floodplains include all special Flood Hazard Areas designated by the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). These hazard areas are identified on FEMA-approved Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). To determine if a property lies within one of these areas, residents and business owners can:
- Go to Parcel/Property Maps
- Select the magnifying glass and enter the property address or parcel ID
- Select the map themes tab and select FEMA Flood Zones
- Go to the online FEMA Map Service Center
- Type in the property address and select "Search"
To request a change to your flood zone designation, a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) should be submitted to FEMA by one of the following methods:
- Online LOMC Tool
- Mail to:
3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 500
Alexandria, VA 22304-6426
For questions, contact FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) at 877-366-2627.
- How do I get on the Planning Board agenda?
Filing deadlines for projects and applications are outlined on the Meeting Schedule on the Planning Board webpage. There may be circumstances that permit certain filings after the posted deadline. Please email the Town Planner to determine filing requirements and be placed on the agenda.