- Health & Wellness
- Community Wellness Project
- Youth Engagement
Healthy Equity and Actions by Randolph Teens (HEART)
The HEART Program is an initiative sponsored by the Community Wellness Project. The Program aims to:
- Provide a dedicated space for young people to take on projects that support implementation of the Community Wellness Plan;
- Create pathways for future community leadership and empower young people in Randolph to be more actively engaged in their community;
- Provide young people with a more comprehensive understanding of health and wellness.
The inaugural HEART Leaders this school year are Randolph High School students from the National Honor Society. The Leaders will undertake projects that further the goals and objectives as identified by the Steering Committee and Action Groups. Their two areas of focus for this school year are healthy food and mental health.
Supported by the Community Wellness Project, students will also received on-the-job training to develop skills that they will carry on beyond the program. In addition to learning more about what equity and justice means in the context of the Community Wellness Plan, they also will also about how to achieve equitable and just health outcomes for the Town.
For this school year, we are excited to continue partnering with Randolph Youthworks program to support this work. The program is administered by the Commonwealth Corporation in partnership with MassHire South Shore. More information about the YouthWorks program can be found on the Commonwealth Corporation's website.
Meet the 2022-2023 HEART Leaders!
My name is Divine Eche and I'm a senior at Randolph High. After graduating in the spring, I plan to pursue a bachelor's degree in Food Science. Over the past four years, I've fostered several interests in a wide range of areas; from tutoring young students to learning the electric guitar, I am someone who loves to try new things and challenge myself. One day, I hope to lessen the nutritional gap by providing low-income and families of color with high quality, affordable food.
My name is Isabella Luu. I'm seventeen years old and attend Randolph High School. I adore creative writing, painting, singing, and learning new skills. I currently serve as the president of the National Honour Society, Senator for the Class of '23, co-president of the Asian Culture Club, and Captain of the Show Choir. I take great pride in helping my community and peers and am highly ambitious. No matter what, I am constantly on the look out for opportunities and ways to accomplish my goals.
Hi, my name is Richard! I am currently a junior at Randolph High School. Despite only being a sixteen year old, I aspire to have an impact on not only my community but others. Through spreading postivity and maintaining a positive attitude, I hope people to give some form of light in a scary world.
This Week's Mental Health Blog
All Blog Posts:
- Isabella Blog 1 Power of Positive Thought (pdf)
- Richard Poem 1 What it can be (pdf)
- Richard Blog 1 Mental Health in Households of Color (pdf)
- Isabella Poem 1 Thank You (pdf)
- Richard Poem 2 You Matter (pdf)
- Richard Blog 2 The Importance of Friendship (pdf)
- Isabella Blog 2 Mindfulness (pdf)
- Richard Blog 3 The Impact of Journaling (pdf)