Trustees of Stetson Hall

About Stetson Hall

Stetson Hall, located at 6 South Main Street in Randolph, is a 2.5 story Greek Revival building constructed in 1842.  It is the most monumental Greek Revival structure in the town, and occupies an elevated site in a prominent position in Crawford Square. The temple front consists of six large fluted Ionic columns, two stories in height, supporting a triangular pedimental gable. Construction of the building was funded by Amasa Stetson, and it has served as a center of civic activity in the town since it was built. Its early uses included an academy endowed by Stetson, home to the offices of Randolph National Bank and it served as the Randolph Town Hall. Its meeting space saw a variety of uses, including town meetings, civic events and religious services.

Stetson hall with flag

The building underwent a restoration from 1995 to 2009 and earned a place on the National Register of Historic Places in 2011. The National Register of Historic Places  is the United States federal government's official list of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects deemed worthy of preservation for their historical significance.

About the Trustees of the Stetson Fund

The Trustees are an elected board charged with serving as caretakers for historic Stetson Hall.  The 3-member board of trustees of the Stetson School Fund is elected by the voters for a term of 2 years, so arranged that the term of 1 member shall expire at the first biannual election and the term of 2 members shall expire at the next biennial election and continuing thereafter. 

For more information on becoming a trustee, please visit the offices of the Randolph Town Clerk.

 

Members

NameTerm
Henry Cooke, IV

2022

Lynn Feingold

2022

Judith Gangel

2022

Feed