As Massachusetts reopens the economy, many restaurants will be seeking to temporarily add or expand existing outdoor seating. In an effort to make this process easier for restaurants in Randolph, the Town has developed the following guidance which includes the minimum requirements from all relevant Town Departments. Additionally, the Town has streamlined the process to include only one application form.
For the purposes of expanding a liquor licensed premise, businesses must comply with the ABCC’s Patio Guidelines. To be clear “Contiguous” as referenced in the ABCC Patio Guidelines means that the premise cannot be interrupted by another property not owned or leased by the licensee. If there is a street or building owned or leased by another between the licensed premise and the proposed space, the extension of Liquor License cannot be granted.
Please carefully review the following guidance documents issued by the State as well as the Town requirements:
State of Massachusetts Guidelines and Policies
- Governor Baker’s COVID-19 Order No. 35
- Massachusetts Safety Standards and Checklist: Restaurants
- Massachusetts Restaurants COVID-19 Checklist
- ABCC Advisory Regarding LLA Approval of Outdoor Seating, June 1, 2020
- ABCC Advisory Regarding Guidelines for Patio and Outdoor Area, July 28, 2015
- All State of Massachusetts ABCC Advisories
State of Massachusetts Self-Certification for Reopening