Brian P. Howard, Assistant Town Manager
& Town Clerk / Registrar
The office of the Town Clerk and Registrar strives to be a vital part of local government. We are committed to serving as the link between residents, businesses, local governing bodies, and agencies of government at all levels; to maintain and preserve public records, and to act in the best interest of the community by providing innovative, efficient, quality customer service. We are committed to upholding the integrity of the Town's democratic process. We respect the right to vote as a fundamental civil right and will ensure that all elections are conducted in a fair and open manner, providing equal access to all residents.
Some of the major responsibilities of this office include:
• Special Permit filings and appeals
• Filing of all DBA/Business Certificates/Home Occupations
• Certify all Town Council expenditures, zoning and general bylaws
• Local Election Official for all federal, state and local elections
• Certify all borrowings and bond notes
• Voter Registration – new, party change, address change and removal
• Vital Records – births, deaths and marriages
• Annual town census, street list books, notary public
• Application of open meeting law, public records and state ethics test
• Filing of all ZBA and Planning Board Applicants
• Issue state licenses: Raffle/Bazaar Permits, Las Vegas Night Permits
• Issue town licenses: Dog licenses and fuel storage permits
• Records, attests and certifies all official actions of the Town.
To view the Nov. 7, 2017, Town Election Official Results, click here.