Complete the required forms listed below (apply at the Building Department or online by clicking the View Permits link on left)
- Residential or Business Permit Application
- Sign-on Sheet
- AFFIDAVIT Debris Sheet
Many projects require review or approval by multiple departments.
To determine which approvals are required, review this MATRIX
The following work is exempt from permits:
- One-story detached accessory buildings used as tool or storage sheds, playhouses and similar uses, provided it does not exceed 120 square feet - and is not located in/near a wetland;
- Fences six (6) feet in height or less (additional guidelines apply);
- Retaining walls which retain less than four (4) feet of unbalanced fill;
- Ordinary repairs;
- Greenhouses covered exclusively with plastic intended for agricultural use;
- Painting, papering, tiling, cabinets, counter tops, and similar finish work;
- Swings and other playground equipment.