Is my property in a flood zone?

Floodplains include all special Flood Hazard Areas designated by the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). These hazard areas are identified on FEMA-approved Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). To determine if a property lies within one of these areas, residents and business owners can:

  1. Go to Parcel/Property Maps
  2. Select the magnifying glass and enter the property address or parcel ID
  3. Select the map themes tab and select FEMA Flood Zones


  1. Go to the online FEMA Map Service Center
  2. Type in the property address and select "Search"

If you are still unsure whether or not the property lies within a floodplain, please email the Town's Engineer or email the Building Commissioner.

To request a change to your flood zone designation, a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) should be submitted to FEMA by one of the following methods:

  • Online LOMC Tool
  • Mail to:
    LOMC Clearinghouse
    3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 500
    Alexandria, VA 22304-6426

For questions, contact FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) at 877-366-2627.

Show All Answers

1. I want to install signs for my business. Do I need a permit?
2. Who plows, fixes potholes or makes repairs on a road?
3. What is the difference between a public road and a private road?
4. Is my property in a flood zone?
5. How do I get on the Planning Board agenda?
6. Can I build on my lot?
7. What is the difference between a Special Permit and Site Plan/Design Review?
8. Can I divide my property to create another lot?
9. How do I obtain a plot plan?
10. How do I find out what type(s) of business are allowed in a district?
11. What are the zoning districts in the Town of Randolph?
12. How can I get my property zoning changed?