Beat the Bay State Challenge 2022
Can you walk 900 miles? By yourself? With a team? For your health? For a cause?
The Community Wellness Project and Randolph Mass in Motion are partnering up to lead a virtual team to walk 900 miles in the month of November! Why 900 miles? Because that's the total distance around the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and we love to walk. Or run. Or dash, if that's more your pace.
You can do any of the above from anywhere, at any time. You enjoy long walks on that beach at sunset? Go ahead and log those steps. You like doing 500 meter sprints on the weekends? Go ahead and log those steps too!
Join our Randolph Blue Devil Dashers team as we take on this challenge from Tuesday, November 1 through Wednesday, November 30th. Visit here to sign up for our team.
Don't want to walk alone?
Check out our November calendar here to see suggested activities that you can do on your own, with your friends and family, or with other team members! We are also hosting optional weekly meetups at the Randolph Intergenerational Community Center indoor track for those looking to have some in-person motivation. Dates and times are below:
- Wednesday, Nov 2 from 5-6PM
- Those joining us for this meetup will receive their team wristbands. Show your wristband to front desk staff at the RICC to gain access to the indoor track during the month of November. We will be mailing wristbands to those unable to attend in-person meetups.
- Wednesday, Nov 9 from 5-6PM
- Wednesday, Nov 16 from 5-6PM
- Tuesday, Nov 22 from 5-6PM
- Wednesday, Nov 30 from 5-7PM
- Final team walk will take place from 5-6PM. There will be a team celebration at 6PM.
Visit our team page to view our roster or check our progress.
Update: November 14, 2022
The Blue Devil Dashers have made it around the state and are now on the second round! More specifically, we have logged over 1,000 miles as a team to date. More more specifically, that's over 1,000 miles just in the first half of the month.
We are still accepting members and will continue to host weekly meetups at the RICC. Dates are listed above. Come join us! Help us figure out how many times we can walk around the Commonwealth of Massachusetts between now and November 30th.