Marriage Information

Note: Our policy has changed!

The Clerk's Office is allowing couples to file a Marriage Intention 2 weeks prior to their ceremony date. Applicants must call ahead of their wedding and give us the date of their ceremony, the name of the person performing the ceremony, and where the ceremony will be held. The office will then set an appointment for the couple only to come into Town Hall to file the Marriage Intention. The Intention fee is $40 and the Town accepts cash, checks, or money orders for payment. After the three-day waiting period, the couple can return to pick up the certificate they will give to the person performing the ceremony. 

The Town Clerk (Justice of the Peace) will be performing weddings on a very limited schedule. Please call the office to check availability.

Marriage Licenses

The Town Clerk/Registrar's Office issues marriage licenses. Persons wishing to obtain a license must file their intentions with the Town Clerk/Registrar's Office in person (except for in cases where one person is in the military or incarcerated) at least three days before the ceremony. The cost of filing for a marriage license in Randolph is $40. The license is valid for sixty days and may be used for a ceremony conducted in any Massachusetts city or town. Couples must know the date, name of the Officiant, and location of their ceremony when they come to file their intention.

Persons seeking a marriage license must be at least eighteen years old. 

The Randolph Town Clerk also is a Justice of the Peace and has the legal authority to perform marriage ceremonies. Those desiring a civil ceremony must contact the Town Clerk in advance of the date of the ceremony. The Town Clerk will be performing weddings on a very limited basis. Ceremonies are $100. 

How to Obtain a Marriage License in Massachusetts

All people who marry in Massachusetts must have a marriage license issued in Massachusetts. An out-of-state license cannot be used. This outlines the procedures you must follow to obtain the license. This information is courtesy of the Randolph Town Clerk/Registrar's Office and William F. Galvin, Secretary of the Commonwealth.